• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Boys Basketball Wraps Up Their 2021-2022 Season

BOYS BASKETBALL CONCLUDES THEIR 2021-2022 SEASON — Senior Noah Collins fights to run the ball back to the Pounders’ side

Bailey Moore, Staff Writer

Overall, the Pounders had quite the season. They had a challenging start, but have grown tremendously throughout the season. They started the season out with losses against Notre Dame, Red Bank, to name a few, but they ended the season with wins against Signal Mountain, Hixson, and Soddy Daisy.

Junior Ryan Glover is already looking forward to his senior year basketball season.

“Next season we look to build on what we have this year. Even though we’ll be losing our seniors, I feel we can maintain and build on the progress we’ve made this season. We made it the farthest we have in six years so that’s great for the program. We want to be winners and bring home the chip. With our returning players, next year we’ll be in great shape,” Glover explained.

The postseason for the boys started on Thursday, February 17. They traveled to Soddy Daisy High School. The Pounders really pulled through during this game. The Trojans were ahead most of the game, but with very little time left on the clock, the Pounders managed to tie up the score 49-49. Sophomore Kelsean Patillo lead the team to victory by scoring two free-throws, making the score 51-49.

The next day, on Friday, February 18 the Pounders played Red Bank, but unfortunately could not pull through and lost with a final score of 87-52.

On Tuesday, February 22, the Pounders played East Ridge High School. The score was in close proximity the entire game. The Pounders and the Pioneers ended the fourth quarter with a tie of 58-58. They ended the second overtime with a tie as well with a score of 69-69. The Pounders finally took the lead and won the game, by a final score of 82-76.

The region tournament began on Saturday, February 26. The Pounders were the third seed going into the tournament. They played South Doyle High School and unfortunately lost with an ending score of 62-37.

“I feel like the boys had a great season. They dealt with lack of experience early on in the season, but they never gave up. The boys came in, worked, and finally got a reward at the end of the year. They realized that they can be successful, and had a great finish. It was a great way to end the season for all of the players,” shared Coach Kantonio Davis.

Overall, the boys had an outstanding basketball season. Throughout the season, they learned to come together and play as a team, win or lose.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on theĀ sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted. All sports will be updated frequently with scores, updates, and more, so be sure to check back up here at the Central Digest.