Cheer Clinic and Tryouts to be Held From March 28 to April 1

CHEER+CLINIC+AND+TRYOUTS+TO+BE+HELD+MARCH+28+TO+APRIL+1+--+Junior+Captain+Alivia+Harvest+cheering+on+the+Pounders+Basketball+Team.+

Karleigh Schwarzl

CHEER CLINIC AND TRYOUTS TO BE HELD MARCH 28 TO APRIL 1 — Junior Captain Alivia Harvest cheering on the Pounders Basketball Team.

Dariah Bradley, Staff Writer

As a Central cheerleader, you are expected to stay on top of your grades, as cheer is a second priority from grades. The purpose of cheerleading is to place girls in a leadership role, learn responsibility, be a part of a team. Being on the cheer squad students are representing the student body while keeping the crowd entertained.

As cheerleaders, you are the team behind the team. You root for players, entire sports teams, and athletic departments. Cheerleaders are a driving force that can motivate sporting teams to play the best games possible.

“The cheerleaders impact the school as a support system for the sports along with the face of the Central High,” Head Cheer Coach Stacy Alexander.

March 7th here on campus in the library there will be a mandatory cheerleading parent meeting held. It will start at 6:00 pm, during the meeting you will be provided information about the expectation and commitment prior to tryouts.

In order to be eligible to try out, you must have an updated physical, 2.5 GPA or higher is required, no disciplinary record, along with good attendance, is also required. Then there will be a cheerleading clinic from Monday, March 28th through Thursday, March 31st. This year the clinic will be hosted and taught by UTC cheerleader McKenna Rominger. That following Friday, April 1st tryouts will take place. Which is being judged by three UTC cheerleaders, this upcoming year.

“Getting to bond and being with the girls as a team is something I love,” stated Junior captain,  Alivia Harvest.