• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Central Football Secures Win Against Soddy Daisy

Bailey Moore

CENTRAL FOOTBALL SECURES WIN AGAINST SODDY DAISY — Senior, Donovan Smith, running the ball down the line.

Keaton Hesson, Sports Writer

Coming off of a terrible loss from last week’s game against Franklin county’s inexorable offense, the Pounders held their ground and took a district game against Soddy Daisy High School.

Game by game, the players have been improving immensely. The Central Pounders went rabid this game, with the defense having seven sacks and five tackles for loss led by Senior, Chris Nichols. Nichols had two of those sacks and two of those big-time negative yardage tackles. Senior, Kyree Steward, and Junior, Tyran Forte, also contributed to the defense, both making an interception each.

“We played way better and were way more focused as a team during this game,” shared Senior, Jamison Johnson.

There were also some major confidence boosts that occurred throughout the game. This includes Sophomore, Ronye Watson, completing nine of his passes for 148 yards and three touchdowns, all while acquiring 88 yards on the ground after his eight rushing attempts. Senior, Donovan Smith, had one of these touchdowns on a 27-yard touchdown pass; Smith had two rushes for 29 yards and eight receptions for 120 yards. Sophomore, Houstin Boykin, had one reception that went to the endzone, and Senior, Marquis high, had one rushing touchdown.

“I’m very proud of our team and how they used the Franklin County game as a learning experience, they worked and prepared very well for a Soddy Daisy football team,” Head Coach, Curt Jones mentioned.

The ending score of this game was 26 to 6. Fortunately, the Pounders had everything going right during the game. The team will be traveling to Hixson High School for their next district game, where they will be ready for another win.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on the sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted. All sports, including football, will be updated frequently, so be sure to check back up here at the Central Digest.