• There is a sign-up sheet in the front office for any students wishing to join the Ruri-teen club

• Fall Pictures have been rescheduled to Monday, October 22.

• There will be a mandatory Skills USA meeting before school on Friday, September 21

• Senior fees are due by Friday, September 28.

Pounders Football Team Has Early Success On Creating Central’s Legacy

POUNDERS FOOTBALL TEAM HAS EARLY SUCCESS ON CREATING CENTRAL'S LEGACY -- Junior Hunter Jones runs the ball in hopes of a another Pounder touchdown!

Donated to the Digest by Hunter Jones

Meghan Duncan, Sports Editor

The 2018-2019 football season is starting off with a huge victory over Sequoyah High School, 37-9. Not so new, returning head football coach Curt Jones, has led the team with two wins making Central’s ranking 2-1.

“It feels amazing to be back at Central after several years and to help these kids achieve their dreams,” stated Jones.

“My favorite moments so far this season would be the victory over Sequoyah and winning our first home game for the season,” Jones continued.

Junior wing/running back, Hunter Jones has made a huge impression on the community with his hard work. Jones earned Player Of The Week and still continues to strive for more to improve not only himself but the team as a whole.

“It feels really good knowing that people notice how much of a help I can be towards the team and our legacy. One of my favorite things about it is that the coaches create so many opportunities for us, and make it such a good atmosphere to be around,” admitted Jones.

“Our team has really came around since last year and I couldn’t be more proud, but I believe the team, along with myself, needs to practice more and perfect the little things,” explained Jones.

Senior cornerback, Jacobi Wright talks about what he needs to do to improve and better himself.

“I need to work on my eyes and focusing on what plays we are doing and really think about what is happening,” explained Wright.

Central is coming up strong this year with high hopes of making it to playoffs, and continuing to build our legacy.

About the Writer
Meghan Duncan, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Meghan Duncan. This is my third year on the staff and my second year being the sports editor. I have been cheering for 3 years at Central, and I am apart of the Superintendent Youth Council. I was the class vice president for my sophomore year, and for my junior year,...