Psychology Teacher and World Traveler Tina Staton Shares About Her Trips with Central Students

ALL AROUND THE WORLD  -- Psychology teacher, Tina Staton, has pictures in her classroom from her student trips across the world.

Allie Nedeau

ALL AROUND THE WORLD — Psychology teacher, Tina Staton, has pictures in her classroom from her student trips across the world.

Samantha Scott, Staff Writer

Every summer, Central offers a different trip for students to go out of the country. Tina Staton, a psychology teacher, has mentored five of these trips, which last around eight to ten days. Depending on the expenses, usually about three to twelve students decide to go and experience these other countries.

“Let’s see, I’ve been to Amsterdam, Paris, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, Italy, [and] England, and this year we are going to Germany, Switzerland, and Northern Italy,” commented Mrs. Staton.

Each trip has lots of interesting information to teach the students. Therefore, every day requires early rising and late nights. Though it may seem exhausting, the trip covers around two to three different areas, with some days counting as traveling days on a bus in between towns.

“I couldn’t believe how much walking we had to do from place to place. But it was so worth it. I saw so many incredible things,” noted Emma Beach, a senior who went on the trip to England last summer.

“I was so surprised about how different the people looked. Everyone in England was slim and healthy, unlike the U.S. I would love to live there if I got the chance,” mentioned Kade Martin, who also went to England.

While out of the country, students get to learn about the values, eating habits, fashion, and many other components of different cultures. They will also be able to talk and associate with the natives and see what their daily lives consist of. Overall, the travelers will experience a country that is much older than the United States  and open up their minds to the diverse places around them.