Nearly Half of All Students Accepted into TCAT Were From Central

NEARLY HALF OF ALL STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO TCAT WERE FROM CENTRAL -- TCAT students pose together for a picture.

TCAT

NEARLY HALF OF ALL STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO TCAT WERE FROM CENTRAL — TCAT students pose together for a picture.

Eleanor Simmons, Staff Writer

This year Central had the optimum amount of students accepted into the TCAT program.

In the past years, there were not as many students that were accepted into the program this year. TCAT is a 2 year program that stands for the Tennessee College of Applied Technology, and this year Central High School had twelve out of the thirty total students accepted into the college.

TCAT specializes in various areas of technology for students who are interested in that department. The requirements to get accepted into TCAT are having good test scores, and G.P.A, and your grades have to be exceptional to be able to apply.

The requirements vary within different departments, for example if you want to take collision repair, you have to have the required skills needed for that major.

“To be accepted into TCAT was an honor, when singing up, all you had to do was respond to the email telling them that you wanted to apply,” informed Brianna Dobbs

Brianna Dobbs, one of the students that applied, wanted to major in Cosmetology and said she is glad she did.

“I just decided to take this particular major because I have a interest in doing hair and nails,” stated Dobbs.

Noah Page, another student to get accepted into the college, also exclaimed what an honor it was.

“There was a field trip that I went on with Mrs. Dyer and I thank her for giving us the opportunity to experience new things. Our field trip had to deal with diesel and trucks that use that type of gas. So, it made me have a strong interest for Diesel Engineering,” exclaimed Noah Page.

TCAT is a good opportunity for students to indulge in the things that they love to do.