Jordan Hudson and Cassandra Castillo Named Mr. and Ms. Central for the Class of 2020

Donated to the Digest

JORDAN HUDSON AND CASSANDRA CASTILLO NAMED MR. AND MS. CENTRAL FOR THE CLASS OF 2020 — Seniors Jordan Hudson and Cassandra Castillo are named Mr. and Ms. Central for the 2019-20 school year.

Blake Catlett, Assistant Editor

Despite all of the obstacles that accompanied the spread of COVID-19, Central was still able to name its Mr. and Ms. Central for the class of 2020. The court had already been decided in February, so all that was left to do was vote.

Students were able to vote online. Shea Vetterick, 12th grade conselor, sent a Google Form to student emails to tally votes.

The Miss Central Court composed of Brooklyn Atkins, Janai Blakemore, Cassandra Castillo, Skylar Murray, Jahnia Russel, and Bileah Sit. Castillo was named Ms. Central.

Castillo joined the Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) during her freshman year. The following year she joined the Central Digest and SkillsUSA. During her junior year she was involved in book club, Model United Nations, the Ruriteen Club, and the Lady Pounders Soccer team. She also continued her involvement in the Central Digest and was inducted into the National Honors Society (NHS) and the Beta Club; Castillo served as vice-president of the NHS. During her senior year, Castillo became the captain of the soccer team, president of the Ruriteen Club, and Copy Editor of the Central Digest. She also joined the Mayor’s Youth Council and represented Central at the Superintendent Youth Summit.

“Every teacher I’ve had has given me some kind of drive to succeed that I’ll always be thankful for,” shared Castillo.

The Mr. Central Court composed of Jordan Hudson, Andrew Merriweather, James Ortiz, Patrick Quinn, Malcolm Tutton, and Cedric Williams. Hudson was named Mr. Central.

Hudson is a part of Central’s JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) program, where he is involved in the Drill, Academic, and Sabre teams and the Color Guard Captain. Hudson is a part of the Youth Leadership of Chattanooga and the Christian Council Youth Ministry. He is the president of the NHS and participates in the Beta Club.

“It’s a huge honor and I couldn’t have done it without my friends, family, and God by my side. I have great people to guide me through my life and [I] couldn’t be happier to be named Mr. Central,” said Hudson.

The announcement of whom earned the title of Mr. and Ms. Central would normally come on Senior Day, a day where Central honors its graduating class. However, that could not be the case this year. Instead, an improvised Senior Day was held online via Zoom. Here, the announcement of Mr. and Ms. Central was made. Central faculty arrived at Hudson and Castillo’s residences to award them in person.

The Central Digest congratulates Hudson and Castillo for being named Mr. and Ms. Central. We also congratulate the entire graduating senior class and all of their accomplishments.