Positivity Club Focuses on Improving Central High

POSITIVITY+CLUB+FOCUSES+ON+IMPROVING+CENTRAL+HIGH+--+Mrs.+Broussard+pictured+with+the+Positivity+Club.+

Donated to the Digest

POSITIVITY CLUB FOCUSES ON IMPROVING CENTRAL HIGH — Mrs. Broussard pictured with the Positivity Club.

Ryan Brown, Staff Writer

This year, several new clubs were introduced at Central. One of those clubs is the Positivity Club. The Positivity Club was founded to improve the school’s environment and to help students look forward to school. The Positivity Club is run by Mrs. Broussard, but other teachers like Mr. Parrott, Mr. Parsons, Mr. Fletcher, and Ms. Hoesman also help.

The club has so far to make bulletin boards for the school and is helping to improve the library by creating posters to describe the genre of books. Also, the club plans on creating posters for Black History Month.

Ms. Broussard said, “All students in the club are enjoying the ideas and are focused on improving the school.”

Broussard added that the support form the teachers and other staff members have been great. Students in the club all have positive things to say about the club and love the environment it has fostered.

Ta’Ney Green, one of the students in the club said, “I wanted to join the club because the concept was great.”

Green also mentioned her favorite part of the club was creating the posters. All students highly suggest this club to fellow classmates.

The only problem the club has is that they don’t have enough time in advisory to reach all their goals in the time they want. One of Mrs. Broussard’s goals is to be able to fit their ideas into an advisory period, but even with the time constraints in advisory period, Broussard is proud if the club’s accomplishments and looks forward to making Central the best it can be.