Anna Frazier, Zane Ferrying Named Class of ’22 Valedictorian and Salutatorian

ANNA+FRAZIER%2C+ZANE+FERRYING+NAMED+CLASS+OF+22+VALEDICTORIAN+AND+SALUTATORIAN++--The+Class+of+2022+Valedictorian+and+Salutatorian%2C+Anna+Frazier+and+Zane+Ferrying+

Kendra Jones

ANNA FRAZIER, ZANE FERRYING NAMED CLASS OF ’22 VALEDICTORIAN AND SALUTATORIAN –The Class of 2022 Valedictorian and Salutatorian, Anna Frazier and Zane Ferrying

Kendra Jones, Staff Writer

Anna Frazier is Central’s 2022 Valedictorian and Zane Ferrying is the 2022 Salutatorian, reported principal Phil Iannarone. 

I have been pushing myself to be valedictorian ever since I wrote it down as my dream achievement in my fifth grade yearbook. Finally hearing Mr. Iannarone make the announcement I’ve been waiting to hear for over seven years was incredibly relieving and rewarding. It was a huge weight lifted from my shoulders,” shared Frazier. 

Early in their high school career, Frazier and Ferrying became aware of their outstanding class rank. Over the following years. Frazier and Ferrying both put in immense work to maintain their average. This included creating schedules to follow, turning assignments in on time, taking practice tests, and staying after school. 

Both Frazier and Ferrying maintained a 4.0 G.P.A. throughout their time at Central. Frazier received an ACT superscore of 32, and Ferrying received a 29 superscore. They each were awarded the superlative “Most Likely to Succeed.”  

Despite the amount of time Frazier and Ferrying have spent in the classroom, they both stay active in various clubs and extracurricular activities around the school. Frazier is active in JROTC as the Battalion Executive Officer. As well as many clubs including the Academic Team, Rifle Team, Saber, National Honors Society, and National Beta Club. Ferrying is the JROTC Battalion Commander and is active in Cross Country, Raiders, Academic Team, Rifle Team, Saber, Color Guard, National Honors Society, and National Beta Club. 

“I do a lot of extracurriculars so it was a challenge, in the beginning, trying to balance the effort I needed for inside the classroom and out. Senior year was especially stressful with college application and striving for valedictorian,” shared Salutatorian Zane Ferrying.

When feeling overwhelmed, Frazier and Ferrying looked towards teachers such as Mrs. Tina Cotreau, Mr. Kevin Parsons, Major David Spencer, and Mrs. Mariea Dobbs for encouragement and support. 

“Mr. Zane Ferrying has been a student that I have had the pleasure to know for all four years that he has been here at Central High School. I am confident without a doubt that Zane will go out into the world and do great things and make us all proud. As a cadet and student, Ferrying has set the pole high on being an example to others,” stated Spencer. 

“Anna came into high school quiet and shy, but she has completely found herself in the past four years and has risen above any simple comparisons,” explained English and Philosophy teacher, Kevin Parsons, “I am so proud of how much she has grown.” 

After high school, Frazier plans on attending Tennessee Tech University to pursue a degree in Civil Engineering. Zane plans on attending college to receive a degree in Nuclear Engineering and later plans on joining the military. 

“My best advice would be to have a strong balance between focusing on the present and the future. You have to have ways to relax and socialize, like clubs and sports, in order to not burn out,” stated Frazier, “

High school is incredibly important for your college endeavors and it all starts immediately your freshman year but do not forget that you are still a kid; you have to enjoy your time here while you can.

— Anna Frazier, Valedictorian for the Class of 2022