Candidates for 2022-23 Homecoming Queen Announced

Meryl Turner

CANDIDATES FOR 2022-23 HOMECOMING QUEEN ANNOUNCED- Candidates Bailey Moore, Amber Burchfield, Lakiyah Byrd, Sydney Woodward, and Alivia Harvest are announced.

Ashleigh Vaughn, Staff Writer

Central High School is preparing for homecoming! Friday, October 7,  Central will be having our homecoming football game against Sequoyah High School. At the football game during halftime, the 2022-23 Homecoming Queen will be announced. The king will be crowned by Principal Iannarone and the 2021-22 Homecoming King Micheal Jared Watson. The Homecoming Queen will be crowned by Principal Iannarone and 2021-22 Homecoming Queen Chloe Cosa Barbee.

The 2022 Homecoming Queen nominees are:

Amber Burchfield:

Amber is a part of the National Honors Society, Beta Club, and Superintendents Students Council. She has been awarded the Academic Excellence Award from 2019-2022. Amber participates in Interscholastic Equestrian Association and is a part of the Youth equestrian development association She also volunteers in the Serve Riding Program for special needs children and at the Food kitchen. Amber plans on attending MTSU to major in Horse Science with a minor in Business.

Lakiyah Byrd:

Lakiyah is a part of the National Honor Society, Beta Club, and Influencer Group. She has been awarded the Academic Excellence Award from 2019-2022. Lakiyah is on the Varsity Cheer team. Lakiyah helps the elderly, and volunteers to give back to the unfortunate. She also has volunteered to help with the Chargerpoolza at Brown Middle School. Lakiyah is undecided on where to attend college. No matter where she goes she wants to pursue a career as a Criminal Investigator or a Psychologist.

Alivia Harvest:

Alivia is a part of the National Honors Society and Beta Club. She has been on the Varsity cheer team for 3 years. During her Junior year, she was the Cheer Co-Captian and now during her Senior year, she is the Cheer Captian. Alivia has been involved in Alumni Golf Tournaments, Chargerpalooza at Brown Middle School, and the Creative Discovery Museum. Alivia is currently undecided on what college to go to, but she does want to pursue a career in Obstetrics & Gynecology or Pediatrics.

Bailey Moore:

Bailey is a part of the National Honors Society and Beta Club. She has been on Honor Roll for 4 years (Freshman to Senior year). She has received the Academic Excellence Award. Bailey is the Sports Editor of the Central Digest. She takes pictures for most of the pictures for the sports events here at Central High School and she also makes graphics that are used in the Central Digest. Bailey plans to attend either UTC or UTK to pursue a career as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.

Sydney Woodward:

Sydney has been a member of the National Honors Society and the Beta Club for the past 2 years. She has been a Varsity Volleyball player since 2019 and she is the Varsity Volleyball Captian this year. Sydney has been a member of the National Honors Society and Beta Club for the last 2 years. She is a part of the yearbook, Influencer Group, Ruritan Club, FCA leader(her freshman year), and she was a contestant in the EPB Art Project. Sydney is active in Youth Community Projects and she volunteers at the Bethlehem Center. She participated in the Pantry Project and Boxed Meals Program. Sydney plans to attend Chattanooga State Community College and then Tennessee Tech to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Education