Central High School Offers New Clubs for the 2022-23 School Year

CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL OFFERS NEW CLUBS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR- Central High school clubs.

Bailey Moore

Isabelle Martin, Staff Writer

Here at Central High School, we have a wide variety of clubs for students to join. Whether you’re interested in math, English, or Dungeons and Dragons, we have the right club for you! If you’re interested in joining one of our clubs, contact the advisor of the club you would like to join to get more information. Happy Club Hunting!

Club name: RPG Club

Teacher (s) in charge: Parsons

Brief description: Students have the opportunity to learn about and play a variety of tabletop roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons. Club members can run their own games or make characters to play in others’ games. The game settings can vary wildly and include Star Wars, fantasy, horror like Silent Hill, or pretty much any movie or tv show where characters face adventures.

Club Name: Games of Logic or Bookclub

Teacher(s) in charge: Brazeale

Brief description: Students have the opportunity to play games of logic like sudoku, riddles, escape rooms, or read.

Club Name: JROTC Raiders & JLAB

Teacher(s) in charge: Spencer

Brief description: Cadets will work on Raider and Academic team enhancement skills.

Club Name: Board and Card Game club

Teacher(s) in charge: Underwood / Hale

Brief description: Students have the opportunity to play board and card games

Club Name: Craft Club

Teacher(s) in charge: Dobbs

Brief description: Students will get to do various paper and textile crafts based on their interests.

Club Name: Ensemble

Teacher(s) in charge: Latham

Brief description: Opportunity for those who can’t fit choir into their schedule to sing and be a part of a group, as well as work on music more.

Club Name: Debate

Teacher(s) in charge: Dawson

Brief description: Students will practice the art of debate as we prepare for the spring tournament.

Club Name: Math Club

Teacher(s) in charge: Miller

Brief description: Students will experience fun and challenging math problems that promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

Club Name: Buddy/ Inclusion Club

Teacher(s) in charge: Hill

Brief description: Creating friendships with friends of all abilities. Teaching about different disabilities and encouraging peers to interact and befriend one another.

Club Name: Jazz Band

Teacher(s) in charge: Singleton

Brief description: Students will perform various styles of jazz/swing music not available in concert band class

Club Name: Chess Club

Teacher(s) in charge: Cuttle

Brief description: Students will learn how to play chess

Club Name: Positivity Club

Teacher(s) in charge: Broussard

Brief description: Students will feel empowered by enacting positive change within their school and community

Club Name: JROTC Leadership_Drill_Robotics (LDR)

Teacher(s) in charge: Dupre

Brief description: Cadets will enhance their leadership skills, Drill and ceremony leadership fellowship and robotics.

Club Name:  JROTC Marksmanship

Teacher(s) in charge: Franklin

Brief description: Cadets will learn/ enhance skills and safety procedures associated with the CMP and JROTC Marksmanship program.

Club Name:  Film Club

Teacher(s) in charge: Fletcher

Brief description: Students will watch a wide variety of short and long films and discuss.