• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Teacher Spotlight: Marissa Maté

Central’s New Art Teacher

In the bustling halls of Central High School, a new beacon of creativity and inspiration has arrived in the form of Ms. Marissa Maté, the school’s recently appointed art teacher. Behind the welcoming smile and the vibrant classroom, lies a captivating journey of passion, dedication, and a deep love for the world of art.

Maté grew up in an in-home preschool where she learned to read and write through hands-on art projects. She had access to a large art studio, which allowed her to create various media. As a child, she taught the kids in the preschool and her neighborhood friends and noticed that many people liked art. She loved teaching people who were passionate about the field. In high school, she was drawn to art classes, taking every available class, such as pottery, drawing, and painting. Art has always been her passion and kept her excited every day.

High school is the time when people truly start growing and turning into true artists, and she loves helping others reach their potential. Art has become not only enjoyable but also a therapy for decompressing and processing struggles. High school isn’t easy, and everyone needs some form of outlet. When applying to Winona State University, she considered becoming a midwife due to her family’s background in nursing. However, during her second year of college, she studied abroad in Spain, where she had the time to think about her future career path. Upon returning to general education courses, she found that taking a pottery class opened the floodgates and that experience made her realize that money wouldn’t make her happy in life if she didn’t have a passion for art.