• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Bullying Prevention

How To Stop The Abuse

Everyone has had an experience with bullying or knows someone who has been bullied but we can help prevent bullying and the creation of bullies.

Lindsey Giamportone, a Sophomore, has been bullied and has helped some who have been bullied. She helped by jumping in and explaining to the bully that what they were doing was not okay. She says we can prevent bullying by standing up to bullies. “The more we stand up, the less they will do”, Giamportone says. She thinks that people become bullies because they have personal things happening. She explains that we can prevent people from becoming bullies by providing more help.

Annecia Straker, a Sophomore, has never been bullied and hasn’t seen someone being bullied. Straker states that people get bullied because they are easy targets. She thinks we can stand up for people who get bullied by getting involved to stop bullying. She also believes that no one is looking out for each other when they should be.

April Meneses, a Sophmore, has also never been bullied or seen anyone be bullied. She explains that we can prevent bullying by speaking up about it. This will get people notified about bullying and the people being bullied will be heard. Meneses thinks that people get bullied by how the look, race, beliefs, the way they dress, etc. She says that people being bullied can stand up for themselves by telling someone they trust or fighting back. Meneses states that people become bullies because of issues they are going through or out of revenge of them being bullied before. Meneses say that we can prevent people from becoming bullies by talking to them and hearing them out.