• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Through the Eyes of an Exchange Student: School Sports

The value of American school events and sport clubs

The USA has a unique way of handling the community around their educational facilities. High school breakfast, school buses, or the huge funding for extracurriculars are a privilege many students around the world can not enjoy.

By far the coolest thing about American schools are the athletic activities and everything around it. Outside of the US you will have to find a club for the sport you want to do, but here you will get trained for barely any money by high class coaches with a broad range of high quality equipment.

Not only can you spend more time with your friends or meet new people from your school, but actually build some high quality relationships . The wish of taking part in varsity events creates a healthy sense of competitiveness. The sport makes everybody set individual goals on their own. The idea of being a team, shared experiences and the coaches make you grow together, support each other and most importantly have a lot of fun.

Apart from the character building parts, school sports carve the way for a lifetime of nutritional and exercise awareness. The knowledge you gain over the weight room, what to put into your body and what your body is able to do is exceptionally important for a healthy future.

If you are a proud parent, the star quarterback, or just a sports fan. The variety of the seasonal sports and energy of the events will be fun for everybody and resemble some of the best experiences you can have in your high school time.