• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Teacher of the Month: Mr. Barrett

Earlier in the month of March, Mr. I announced that Mr.Barrett, the New Testament Bible teacher won Teacher of the Month here at Central High School. This is his first year teaching here at Central, so his students voting for him to be the Teacher of the Month was a big surprise to him. “When I heard that I was the teacher of the month I was shocked, but I felt excited because that means I have made some sort of impact on students here at Central,” Barrett says. Being that this is Barrett first year teaching here, he explains that his, “teaching has impacted students and that is his goal every time he teach a lesson in his class.”

Finishing out this school year, Barrett says he plans to continue to teach and act the same like he has been doing throughout this entire year. Although, he said that next year he may be teaching students a different course, but his plan is to still teach the same. Not only does Barrett interact with his students in his classroom, but outside of his classroom as well. “I do not teach, but interact with in the hallway or at other school events as well.” Barrett thinks, “If I can make an impact on students lives, I feel like I can win many more Teacher of the Months, but again, that is completely up to the students.”

Barrett wants to thank every student that voted for him in this month and it does mean a lot to him sincerely.