MR. PARSONS TEACHES STUDENTS VOCABULARY -- Parsons goes over the bell work with students.

Zeena Whayeb

MR. PARSONS TEACHES STUDENTS VOCABULARY — Parsons goes over the bell work with students.

Teacher Spotlight: English and Literature are Parsons’ Passion

Central High School is known for having some of the best teachers in Hamilton County. One of these vibrant teachers that make school fun and entertaining is English 10 teacher, Kevin Parsons.

Prior to becoming an educator, Parsons worked in retail. Deciding to change work as an English teacher was an easy choice for him.

“In high school, I realized I had a passion for English and literature. I felt working as an English teacher was my first serious career,” stated Parsons.

Obviously, as an English teacher, reading is another one of his hobbies. He has read hundreds of books throughout his lifetime, with his favorite book being Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency.

“I enjoy teaching Romeo and Juliet, maybe mythology,” he remarked after some thought.

Everyone has a hobby whether it’s listening to music or writing. Mr. Parsons’ hobby was to go to concerts. By the age of 23, he had been to approximately 40 concerts.

Although Parsons enjoys interacting with students, most teachers have several pet peeves.

“One thing I hate is when students are acting like they do not need to read,” asserted Parsons.

His teaching style is mix of everything. He does not like to give book work. Like most students, he sees it as useless.

“Mr. Parsons is really funny and we still get to learn what we need in order to pass the course,” shared Cheyenne Robinson, a student of Parsons.

Since it is still only the beginning of the year, she does not know much about Parsons, however, she is hopeful for a fantastic school year.

“[One of the things I love about him is] his personality,” explained Robinson.

Even though some may think that English is boring, many express that Parsons makes his English classes fun.

The Central Digest • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in