AP Students’ Guide to Preparing for the Upcoming Exams

THE AP EXAMS ATTACK CENTRAL STUDENTS -- The students who will take the AP exams get an AP student pack for all needed information.

Zeena Whayeb

THE AP EXAMS ATTACK CENTRAL STUDENTS — The students who will take the AP exams get an AP student pack for all needed information.

Zeena Whayeb, Staff Writer

Central’s AP class exams are now upon many of the students taking them. The AP courses include AP Chemistry, AP Psychology, and AP Biology. To clarify, the AP exams are not required. A student can take the AP exam, and if they pass, can earn a college credit as well as the high school credit. A student who does not take the AP exam, but passes the class, will only get the high school credit.

“I’m excited and nervous for the AP exam. I’ll try my best to have no regrets,” stated Alyssa Williams, a sophomore AP Psychology student.

Each exam costs $93 each, with reimbursement offered for students qualified for free or reduced lunch.

The AP exam dates are as follows:

On Monday, May 1, 2017, the AP Chemistry exam will begin at 8 a.m.

At 12 noon, the AP Psychology exam will take place.

The AP Biology exam will take start the following week, on Monday, May 8, 2017, at 8 a.m.

The exams will all take place at Bayside Baptist Church and will last from three to four hours. Transportation will not be provided, and students are expected to arrive at least 30 minutes early. Although students are excused from school during the respected testing day, they will be responsible for any school work they miss.

The Algebra II exams will also be held on Monday, May 1. AP Chemistry students who are also enrolled in algebra will need to make-up their math exam; psychology students have the option to take the test in the morning, then leave school to take their AP test.

The students can also plan with their teachers to take snacks.

“I was going to bring a snack or something to eat on Monday. It will be a very long test,” stated Meg Sabanal, a sophomore AP Psychology student.

Students should expect the scores sometime during the summertime, usually in July. The scores will not be sent in the mail; the students will have to go to the AP scores website and use their ID to view their scores.

Good luck to all students taking an AP exam. If you are in need of more information, contact Mrs. Ruggles, one of Central’s counselors, or visit the AP Central website.