Teacher Spotlight: Central Alumna, Megan Sanford (’99), Joins Faculty as Chemistry Teacher

CHEMISTRY TEACHER MEGAN SANFORD MAKING A SPEEDY RECOVERY -- Mrs. Sanford is depicted working out a density problem on the Promethean board when she still taught at Central.

Dylan Muccino

CHEMISTRY TEACHER MEGAN SANFORD MAKING A SPEEDY RECOVERY — Mrs. Sanford is depicted working out a density problem on the Promethean board when she still taught at Central.

Dylan Muccino, Staff Writer

Mrs. Megan Sanford, a new teacher to Central High School, already loves the Purple Pounders. She graduated from Central as part of the class of 1999. While attending Central High School, she was in JROTC all four years and was Battalion XO. Along with chemistry, she has also taught life, environmental, and physical sciences.

“When I was attending Central High School as a student was when I wanted to come back here and teach,” stated Mrs. Sanford.

Mrs. Sanford’s classroom is full of generations of Central spirit. Shelley Pritchard, Central alum of 1983, taught Sanford. Then, Brielle Farrow, class of 2005 alumna, took her place around ten years ago. Now, with Farrow’s recent promotion to curriculum coach, Sanford has taken her place. All three were chemistry teachers in the same classroom.

“I would have to say when I am explaining something and they get it; you can see that light bulb come on, that’s what I love,” shared Mrs. Sanford.

Mrs. Sanford emphasized that one of her favorite things about teaching is how she loves to see the “light bulb” come on for students. This is important for her because it makes her feel accomplished as a teacher.

“There are so many things I try to impart upon them, but one important thing I say is be true to yourself; you can only be you,” elaborated Mrs. Sanford.

Mrs. Sanford thinks its important for her students to always be true to yourself. She has high self confidence and a very positive outlook on the world. Her goal is to be a good example for all students to follow and a role model at Central High School.