• Follow The Central Digest on Facebook and Instagram.

Coach Jones, Seven Football Pounders Named to Tennessee East-West All-Star Game

Donated to the Digest

COACH JONES, SEVEN FOOTBALL POUNDERS NAMED TO TENNESSEE EAST-WEST ALL-STAR GAME — The eleven senior football players pictured with Coach Curt Jones.

Luke Keown, Sports Editor, Columnist

The 2021 playoff run is in the books for Central and though the Pounders came up short of their ultimate goal- a state championship- their campaign is widely regarded as a success. This season, the Pounders finished with a record of 6-2 and a share of the 4A Region 3 title. The season was Central’s best finish since 2003 and will likely result in numerous senior players to sign to play football at the next level.

Recently, the rosters for the 2021 Tennessee East-West All-Star Classic were announced. Among those named were Chattanooga Central’s Coach Curt Jones and seven Pounders.

The All-Game is an opportunity for area football players to show off their skills in front of college football coaches of all levels. The game will be played at East Hamilton High School on Saturday, December 11, at 2 p.m.

When asked about what being named the head coach of an all-star team of this caliber, Coach Jones said:

“Anytime you get asked to coach an all-star game it’s awe-inspiring… I am thankful for how the kids played because if it wasn’t for them I would be here.”

Jones will head up the East team. He will be joined by Pounder running back Michael Watson, linebackers Reggie Wadley and Alijah Heyward, wide receiver/cornerback Tyi Mosely, wide receiver Noah Collins, and offensive linemen Demetrio Dominguez and Karl Moore.

“This game is just a big confidence boost for me because I know I am going to be out there competing against the best of the best,” Karl Moore explained.

In addition to his seven Pounders, Jones’ team will be comprised of select players from other area schools such as East Ridge, Soddy Daisy, Cleveland, Ooltewah, Walker Valley, East Hamilton, Bradley, Howard, Tyner, Boyd Buchanan, and McCallie.

Jones’ East team will face off against the West team coached by Mike Connor of Silverdale Baptist Academy. The West team will consist of players from Silverdale, Notre Dame, Red Bank, Hixson, Brainerd, Baylor, Lookout Valley, South Pittsburgh, Signal Mountain, Chattanooga Christian, Marion County, and Sale Creek.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on theĀ sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted.