• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

School Beautification

Art Club members are working on projects to beautify the school

During the activity period, Visual Arts teacher Marissa Mate’s Art Club is performing projects to restore the school’s beauty and give it more charm.  During December, the Art Club and Visuals Arts classes worked together to create Christmas-themed door decorations for the teachers of D-pod.  The club has now started on a mural in the art room.

Where they have incorporated the school’s colors to combine school spirit and art to create a purple and gold landscape.  Now they are in the process of gathering needed supplies to revive the school’s anvil and hammer located in front of the school.  The club decided that restoring the anvil and hammer was on top of their list of projects to do because of what they symbolize for the schools.

Mate defines school beautification as any work done to make the school look better.  Whenever there is an artistic project the school or teachers want to do.  Either for the holidays or spirit week all they have to do is ask Mate and she will have her Art Club members and Visual Art students work on creating the project.  Many members of the club believe the Christmas decorations for the teachers’ doors in D-pod were the best decorations they made so far this year.  Members of the club believe that school beautification gives students pride in their school and raises the morale of the school spirit.