Spring sports at Chattanooga Central High school is quickly approaching. Which means that it is time to gear up for baseball, softball, track, boys soccer, and tennis.

Pre-season workouts for returning baseball players have already started up and end Friday, February 11. Preseason workouts are to get the players in shape for the 35 game season that lies ahead. Tryouts will be held afterschool on Monday, February 14. On Thursday, March 3rd there is a preseason game against Boyd at Boyd. The first game of the official season is on Monday, March 14th against and at Soddy Daisy.

“I look forward to each season for the opportunity to bond with the boys and just have fun as a team and a group of dudes,” Head Baseball Coach Glen Carter.

Monday through Thursday from 2:30 to 4:00 are preseason workouts for the 2022 track season. These workouts are meant to strengthen the athlete to prepare them for the season ahead. The team hopes to build upon what they have built over the past few years; Head Coach Gary Bloodsaw expects to take several members to the state meet this year. In the 2021 track season as a junior Noah Collins placed 11th place in the state track meet. On Tuesday, March 8th the team will be attending a jamboree at Howard. On Tuesday, March 15th will be the team’s first official meet, also at Howard. There will be teams from the Chattanooga area at both.

“Track is a competitive sport and Central has a reputation for being very competitive, we put in the work to complete and we have lots of fun throughout the season!” exclaimed Track Head Coach Gary Bloodsaw.

The Central High School Boys Soccer team has started conditioning through preseason workouts, which are after school on Tuesday and Thursdays until 3:30. Brittingham hopes to gradually step up the players’ conditioning levels during these workouts. Practice can begin Monday, February 14th. By then, hopefully, the players’ running endurance and strength in leg muscles have increased due to the focus on if at the preseason workouts. Tuesday, March 15th will be the first soccer game against Sequatchie County at Central High School. Brittingham’s goal as a coach this season is to win as many games as possible.

“I look forward to pushing the boys into achieving things that they might not see as possible. Those can be individual goals or team goals. That is truly the best part of teaching,” stated Soccer Head Coach John Brittingham.

Softball practices and workouts officially start on Monday, February 14th. They are working in the batting cages, running, and throwing. By doing this Coach Massey is looking for who will take leadership roles. Also what this group of girls are capable of within offense and defense. The first game is on Monday, March 14th at and against Howard. The first home game is on Friday, March 18th against Grace Baptist. The season should carry on as normal. Masse is looking forward to competing and seeing what kind of team we have this year.

“Just ready to get going and excited to see us go out and compete, and hopefully win some games,” stated Softball Head Coach Jon Massey.

Tennis information will be announced at a later time. See Mrs. Hoesman for more information.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on the sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted. All sports will be updated frequently with scores, updates, and more, so be sure to check back up here at the Central Digest.

The Central Digest • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in