• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Screen Spotlight

What TV shows people at Central are watching

This week, we delve into the diverse world of television shows grabbing the attention of Central High students and staff alike. From nostalgic binge-watching to thought-provoking dramas. In the hall of Central High, Netflix’s Outer Banks is a hot favorite among students. Junior Armai Irvin remarks, “It’s like a modern-day adventure tale and that makes it fun to watch.” Travis, another junior concurs, “It’s a mix of mystery, romance, and suspense– everything you want in a show!.”

Diving into the world of science fiction, The Expanse on Amazon Prime is the best out at the moment. Student teacher Ms Eades notes, “It sparks interest in science and geopolitics for me and the students.” Jordan, a sophomore, adds, “It’s mind-bending and you learn a lot without realizing it.”

For those craving a touch of fantasy, HBO’s Game of Thrones still maintains a strong following. English teacher Mrs. Jones shares, “Despite the series concluding a while back, the plots keep students hooked. The show can be paralleled with historical events.”

On the lighter side, the animated series Rick and Morty on Adult Swin pulls in enthusiastic viewers. Gym teacher Ms. Forkner chuckles, “It’s quirky, sometimes absurd, and surprisingly philosophical.”