• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Pounder Profile: Varsity Cheerleader Kirstan Morgan

Meet One of the Squad’s Flyers

The Pounders football team finished up their 2023 Homecoming game on September 29; with a winning score of 34 to 23. GO POUNDERS!  The players on the field gave their all, and their biggest supporters were the 12 girls on the sideline.

Without the cheer team to boost the morale of the player, the atmosphere would be tense. Thanks to them, however, it is quite the opposite. One of the girls responsible for lifting the mood is senior Kirstan Morgan.

Morgan loves cheering and couldn’t wait to try out and make the team. “I love cheering because when i’m cheering I am  my most confident self and nothing else matters when I am cheering. Over the short time I have cheered and got to know the team they have turned into my sisters I never had. It’s cute to see the different relationships you have with everyone individually. I love my cheer team!” shares Morgan.

The Digest sat down with Morgan to get a glimpse into her life outside of being a Central cheerleader. Central High School athletes dedicate an immense amount of time and energy to their respective sports, so it is only right for the community to get a look inside what makes Central athletics so special

What’s your highest athletic achievement?  I really don’t have any achievement in sports in my teen years but when I was younger and I did cheer we won 2nd place in the state.

Favorite food? Seafood, especially shrimp.

Favorite quote? “Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.”  – Ephesians 4:26. This is my favorite quote because life is too short to spend it upset about your misfortunes. Get up and MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Favorite class or teacher? Mr.Seals because he is a sweetheart and will never give up on a student no matter the circumstances.

What are your plans after high school?  My plan after high school is to attend MTSU and later becoming a Speech Pathologist.

What is your favorite high school sports memory?  My favorite cheer memory was at the jamboree, simply because everyone was just happy having fun and cheering. It wasn’t any bad attitude or vibes.

What position do you hold on cheer and why?  I hold being one of 2 seniors on the team and being a flyer in stunts.

What made you want to do cheer leading?  I always wanted to be a part of a supportive team group and it always seemed like lots of fun. The girls always looked like they were a family just having fun.

What advice would you give to someone else that wants to cheer? Some advice I would give someone else that wants to cheer is to never give up! Also that practice makes perfect, even if things don’t go your way. When people doubt you keep striving for what you want!

What do you love doing the most on your free time? What I love doing the most on my free time is pending time with my nieces and nephews. I love them kids as if they are my own, they give me a happiness i’ve never experienced before!

Overall, Kirstan is a fantastic cheer leader so be sure to come out and show some support to her at the football games!

Readers can view the latest sports updates on the Sports Center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted. The Digest will continue to bring the latest coverage and updates as the 2023 season progresses.