• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Chattanooga Central Cheerleading Team Has A Great Start To Season

The Cheerleading team starts off their season well and will be taking a special trip to Alabama in a couple of weeks!

The Chattanooga Central High school cheerleading team has had a great start so far to their cheerleading season. They had a great  end to their football season. That ended  on October 26. The football team won with a score of 62-55! This game was also their senior night. 

“ I love cheer. I was a cheerleader at Central, so it has a special place in my heart. I plan on being the coach until they tell me to leave. My job at Central is College Advisor and I love this job as well. I think I have the best 2 careers there could ever be. I don’t have one favorite memory this year. There are so many good times that we have had, and I know basketball season is going to be even more fun. Our first “official” game for basketball is November 28, but we have been learning basketball cheers for several weeks. Football was a fun season. The energy and teamwork of the team definitely shows and the work that has been put in so far comes through.” Shared Cheerleading coach Alexander. 

The Cheerleading coach was also a former cheerleader here at central and now she coaches the team! She loves her team and she loves cheer. But behind all that she is also a college advisor, and she loves doing that too! 

Here is what freshman cheerleader Marley had to say.  “Cheer is something I have a love for, I really enjoy it! My favorite cheer memory would have to just be bonding with the team and doing team bonding activities. What I love most about my team is that we get along and we always have a good time. I think football season was fun and very enjoyable. I keep myself motivated by telling myself I can do this and get this done. I believe that I can do all things!”

Here is what another one of the other cheerleaders had to say about cheerleading. “ What made me want to be a cheerleader was because it’s something new and I thought I would like it. My favorite cheer memory so far is when we cheered against howard. What I love most about my team is our bond and we feel comfortable telling each other things. What I tell myself to keep me motivated is to not give up and to keep pushing forward no matter what.” Shared Joss.

The season for the cheerleaders looks like it has been going good so far. And in a couple weeks they have a really big event coming up! Let’s hear what their coach Mrs. Alexandr has to say about it!

“The next big event we have as a team is getting to go to the University of Alabama and dance on the football field with other cheer teams at the beginning of halftime during the Alabama vs. UTC game. The girls are so excited, and I am too. It is going to be a fun day.” Shared Coach Alexander