• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Basketball Season is Upon Us

2023-2024 Preview

The anticipation is building, and the excitement is contagious as we gear up for the upcoming basketball season at Central High School. With the home games promising to be electrifying and the team’s determination to make history, this year is bound to be unforgettable.

According to Shari, basketball season surpasses football in terms of excitement and intensity. The games are expected to be even better, drawing larger crowds and creating an electric atmosphere.  Ryan, believes that our team has what it takes to make it to the state championships. He highlights the exceptional skills of players like Lil Perry and Lil Dee, while also expressing excitement for Matt’s upcoming milestone of reaching 1,000 points. It’s clear that our team is stacked with talent and poised for success. As for Ronye , his favorite aspect of playing basketball is the thrill of winning and the camaraderie that comes with being a team player. he wholeheartedly believes that they have what it takes to reach the state championships this year. It’s not just about individual accomplishments; it’s about pushing each other to improve and working together towards a common goal. To stay focused before each game , I play music and avoid excessive chatter, allowing me to zone in on the task at hand. “Our team’s bond grew stronger over time, as we hated the feeling of losing and started spending more time together off the court.” This unity has translated into improved ball handling and overall performance. Last year’s championship victory remains a cherished memory for the entire team. It serves as a reminder of what we are capable of achieving when we work as a team unit. Rivalries with schools like Tyner and Red Bank add an extra layer of excitement and motivation to our games. “Our coaches play a great role in our success. Their guidance, knowledge, and ability to impart valuable insights have a significant impact on our performance. They push us to our limits, ensuring that we are well-prepared for important games. During those crucial moments, I focus on staying calm, slowing down the game, and avoiding rushing decisions. Building chemistry and fostering teamwork are essential to our success. I strive to be supportive and encouraging to all my teammates, offering constructive criticism when needed.”  In a recent interview, Kel shared some insights into the team’s performance, memorable moments, handling pressure, and what sets their team apart from others. When asked about the team’s performance so far, Kel described it as “decent,” but expressed confidence that they will continue to improve and form a stronger bond as the games progress. One of the most memorable moments for Kel was a game-winning shot during their 10th-grade year against Dade County. It was an unforgettable experience that showcased Kel’s skill and determination. Handling pressure during important games can be challenging, but Kel’s strategy is to stay calm and not let irritation get in the way. This mindset allows Kel to stay focused and perform at their best when it matters most. To stay motivated, Kel’s strategy is simple: never give up, even when faced with difficult situations. This determination is what drives the team forward. Kel’s contribution to the team’s overall chemistry is rooted in their long-standing connection with their teammates. Before each game, Kel ensures he is mentally and physically prepared. Eating well and locking in by listening to music helps Kel get in the zone and stay focused on the game ahead. What sets this team apart from others, according to Kel, is their chemistry and their refusal to give up. Their strong bond and resilience make them a force to be reckoned with. Looking ahead, Kel is  excited about the upcoming post-season. The team’s goal is to play hard, smart, and together, showcasing their skills and unity on the court. As for rivalries, Kel mentioned matchups against Ooltewah and East Ham as games they are looking forward to. Kel also expressed admiration for their coaches, describing them as great mentors who always prioritize the team’s best interests. Their guidance and support have played a crucial role in the team’s development and success.  As the season unfolds it seems the basketball players, cheerleaders and central high school students are excited for this season. Its going to be a good one!!