• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

UTC Field Trip

Forty-eight young women of Central High School went on a field trip to the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga on Valentine’s Day. This three-hour forum was all about empowering young women and helping them envision a bright future for themselves in Economics and Finance. They got to learn a little about stocks and heard from various women in the Economics and Finance fields.

“I thought it was wonderful, it was an experience. They had a very big campus and people were very polite and had good manners,” said Kayla Pony

It’s important to create spaces where they can explore their potential and dream big. By getting the chance to explore the campus and tour the Gary W. Rollins College of Business in Fletcher Hall, these young women were able to see firsthand the possibilities that lie ahead in their future careers.

Mr. Russell was one of the facilitators on this trip. I believe events like this have a huge impact on young women’s lives. It’s not just about showing them the physical spaces, but also about inspiring them to believe in themselves and their abilities. By seeing successful women in leadership roles and hearing their stories, these women can start to envision themselves in similar positions.

“It was a good event for the information they were providing and showing all the ladies of the schools how it would get them into Finance and Economics. The event was also great for students in finding out about the financial and economic landscape and getting into something they wanna do. I had students who thought finance was awesome and the tours of seeing the campus were beautiful. I would recommend it to any ladies who are interested in those professions  and we are planning on doing it again next year.” said Mr. Russell

The forum was organized by the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga and was funded by various banks and institutions participating in Economics and Finance. By investing in the growth of young women in Economics and Finance, they are setting the stage for a more inclusive and equal future. One of the speakers said, “When it was in my time, there were only four women in a group full of forty people. That was twenty years ago.”

It’s through events like these, we can break down barriers and empower the next generation of women leaders.