• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Central: Where We Are Now

Just how much has Central changed?

Founded in September of 1907, Central high school was one of Chattanooga’s first public high schools. In 1969, the high school was relocated to Highway 58 and has been there ever since. Central has been open to many students from all across the Hamilton County area. From the summer of 2008 until April 2018, Finley King was the school’s principal. Even more interesting, he was the second former student to serve as principal. Now our current principal is the beloved Phil Iannarone. Today the school keeps the same positive and supportive atmosphere it did just years ago, but many other things have changed since 1907. Students now have clubs to show off what they’re best at, more diverse sports/ activities, more projects that are in the students interest,  and over all more support in the things they want to peruse. Students have many reliable teachers and councilors who are always open to help with any issues or problems they encounter, or if they simply just need someone to talk to. Central may be pretty old, but the support and encouragement will never be!